Who Am I?
Asrar AnwarApril 12, 2012
- I am the Iraqi child of Fallujah you exposed to cancer with your depleted uranium.
- I am the Palestinian women whose olive tree you uprooted and kids you left starving.
- I am the Afghan man who has only seen years of brutal Soviet war and now US occupation.
- I am the Iraqi man you shot dead at a checkpoint because you felt like it.
- I am the Palestinian family you forcibly removed from their home.
- I am the widowed Afghan whose land you continue to occupy and children you continue kill.
- I am the Iraqi women you raped in the name of liberation.
- I am the prisoner you tortured at Abu Ghraib and Bagram in the name of democracy.
- I am the civilian in Iraq you named 'collateral damage’ and left to rot.
- I am the Palestinian school child you prevented from getting to school with your apartheid roads forcing me to wait hours at a checkpoint and miss class.
- I am the Afghan woman you so wish to liberate, except you can leave your liberation in the trash can where it belongs.
- I am the Muslim man you accused of being a terrorist, water-boarded and locked up in Guantanamo without parole.
- I am the victim of your so called war on terror.
- I am the shadow that walks alone.
- I am the one that haunts your dreams.
- How can you go to sleep with the bloody image of me in the back of your mind?
- I am Palestine. I am Iraq. I am Afghanistan.